BE1-700, Digital Protective Relay
A compact, economical multifunction protective relay available in either current-only or voltage-only styles for multiple applications including bus, feeder, generator/motor, and cogeneration applications.
|IEEE Device Functions
* Current only ** Voltage only † Optional
- Cost effective, high performance multifunction relay in current-only or voltage-only configurations.
- Compact design requires minimal panel space.
- Analyze system using available information from oscillography, sequence of events, and metering data.
- Provides flexibility in configuring a protection and control system using BESTlogic™.
- Eliminate the need for additional meters and control switches with the programmable HMI.
- Simplify integration with distributed control systems through two independent communication ports with Modbus® protocol support.
- BE1-700C Bulletin, Rev 9, Chinese (2.6MB)
- BE1-700C Bulletin, Rev 9, English (648.8KB)
- BE1-700V Bulletin, Rev 12, Chinese (837.2KB)
- BE1-700V Bulletin, Rev 12, English (630.4KB)
- Standards, Dimensions and Accessories, Rev 19, English (1.3MB)
BE1 Protection Systems and Relays
Software Tool (spreadsheet)
- Technical Paper: A Derivation of Symmetrical Component Theory and Symmetrical Component Networks (630.4KB)
Review symmetrical component analysis.
- Technical Paper: A Practical Guide for Detecting Single-Phasing on a Three-Phase Power System (864.8KB)
Reference for the loss of one or two phases of a radial three-phase system and includes suggested detection and protection methods.
- Technical Paper: A Review of Negative-Sequence Current (273.2KB)
Negative-sequence current and the damage it can cause to rotating machines.
- Technical Paper: A Review of System-Grounding Methods and Zero-Sequence Current Sources (762.3KB)
Grounding methods, sources of ground current, ground-current flow in the power system, and how each impacts protective relaying.
- Technical Paper: A Survey of Cold Load Pickup Practices (668.6KB)
Cold load pickup, the causes and effects.
- Technical Paper: Automatic Reclosing - Transmission Line Applications and Consideration (1.2MB)
Applying autoreclosing to transmission circuits.
- Technical Paper: Breaker Monitoring with Numerical Relays (392KB)
Breaker duty/contact wear monitoring.
- Technical Paper: Bus-Protective Relaying, Methods and Application (1.5MB)
Application of bus-protective relaying, describing and comparing differences.
- Technical Paper: Commissioning Numerical Relays (681.2KB)
Experienced-based changes to commissioning tests and revised documentation of settings as a method for commissioning.
- Technical Paper: Considerations for Effective RS-485 Network Design (169.1KB)
Considerations for effective RS-485 network design.
- Technical Paper: Current Transformer Errors and Transformer Inrush as Measured by Magnetic, Optical and other Unconventional CTs (1MB)
Errors in secondary current for these primary current conditions determine when CTs are at risk, and show, using numerical analysis, the output of a saturated CT.
- Technical Paper: Effects of Distributed Generation on Utility Protection Schemes (383.3KB)
Addition of distributed generation to a distribution feeder can be minimized by having digital multifunction overcurrent with voltage-protection schemes.
- Technical Paper: Fundamentals and Advances in Breaker-Failure Protection (703.4KB)
Deciding whether to apply dedicated breaker failure protection.
- Technical Paper: Life Lessons from the Power System (681.3KB)
Explores the basic principles of relay protection design and relay protection commissioning, while reflecting upon lessons learned.
- Technical Paper: Protective Relaying Issues in Low-Voltage Systems as Addressed in the National Electric Code (1.2MB)
Low Voltage (LV) design practices, as mentioned in the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Technical Paper: Protective Relaying Methods for Reducing Arc-Flash Energy (653.1KB)
Arc flash standards/requirements and high-speed detection and operation techniques used to reduce arc-flash energy via protective relays.
- Technical Paper: Protective Relaying When Distributed Generation is Added to Your Circuit (474.5KB)
Advantages of having numeric multifunction protection in place when distributed generation is added to a radial-distribution circuit.
- Technical Paper: Reliability Considerations of Multifunction Protection (331KB)
Reliability of numerical multifunction protection systems against predecessor technologies.
- Technical Paper: Upgrading Relay Protection? - Be Prepared. (336.4KB)
Guidance for your next replacement or upgrade project.
- Technical Paper: Zero-Sequence Impedance of Overhead Transmission Lines (716.5KB)
Transmission-line impedances, centering on zero-sequence impedances.